Information and Entertainment are one of the four binary models.
The four are
1. Hot and Cold
2. Elitist and Populist
3. Information and Entertainment
4. Content and Distribution
I'm going to talk about Information and
Entertainment. Information and Entertainment is a collapsing binary model. This
is because the companies who are informative, this means that they are
made and supported to inform the public on a certain matter, usually change by
adding a little bit of entertainment to the broadcast because they aren’t getting
enough supporters or want more people to support the broadcast. When an
information company blends to add a touch of entertainment, it is called “infotainment.”
Although the broadcast isn’t informative completely, I think that this model
becoming a collapsing model is good. I think this because if they need to add a
touch of entertainment to a news show to get more people to watch the news,
then I say go for it, because although the story is not as educational as
before, if people are actually watching then what is the harm in adding a
little bit of entertainment to get the audience informed.
No comments:
Post a Comment